Sunday, June 1, 2008

You'd think telling an old woman to 'eff off would be out of the question.

I don't think I'm inside my own mind today...

Now I can certainly hope I am not alone in thinking that accosting an old woman vulgarly in the middle of a wal-mart would be out of the question for pretty much everyone, right? Imagine a scenario with me for a moment. You're at your local wal-mart and you're picking up a few of the things that wal-mart has more conveniently for a cheaper price than everyone else and you're ready to check-out. The self-check stations are all closed, and the open check-out aisles are all flooded with customers. I'm sure this isn't an out of the ordinary experience for any of us.

As anyone would, I took the opportune moment to accept the Assistant Managers time as he opened a new till for me, and others in line. The first till next to the exit. The quickest way out of hell and it's open to me. I allow the old lady in front of me to go before me, even though she offered to let me in front of her because I was holding less things than she was. The assistant manager was polite, professional and courteous in doing what was effectively his job. Clearly they had inner-promoted well with this one. I was free, I thought, items bagged for me, receipt in hand, I was free to go.

As I step towards the exit, the aforementioned old woman stops my friend and checks his receipt, and then quickly looks through his bag, and proceeds to do the same to me and the first reaction I have in mind is to tell this bitch to fuck off. Why is that? Its her job, she's told to do it. I've gone through their check-out aisle, I've got their printed reciept in my hand, and now their employee is investigating through my purchase to ensure that I haven't stolen with no pretense at all? I'm sorry, but that's bullshit.

Now, had their self-check out station been open, I had taken my time to use it and hope to god it functions properly, bag my own things, take the reciept it prints me. I walk up to the door and their alarm goes off. As far as I'm concerned they have the right as a store to do what they can with what they have put in place to prevent shoplifting. How the fuck is stopping me, and going through my bag after she's seen my receipt. THERE IS NO FUCKING SELF CHECK-OUT OPEN... I really want to re-enforce that fact. How is that right?

Now, hate on wal-mart because you have grounds, hate on them because it's popular but I live in a small town where wally world has managed to weave its intricate web on the town and has pretty much become a staple as a place to find pretty much anything you need, for cheaper than anywhere else. It's tough to beat, when you know they have what you're looking for and you most likely won't find it elsewhere. I don't understand where they have the grounds to look through what I've just paid for, without any kind of alarm, especially, ESPECIALLY, after she's just looked at my goddamn reciept!

Fuck you wal-mart for invading my privacy, without any just grounds. I will not verbally defecate on some woman in wal-mart but I will have no problem doing it to a manager. If they have some legitimate grounds of actually doing it, great. But this shit will not stand, I go to wal-mart, maybe once or twice a month tops and I am certainly not going to jump through their fucking hoops for this bullshit. I shouldn't be brought to a state of rage by any old woman under any circumstance, much less at wal-mart, a store that supposedly prides itself on its customer service. Fuck you for pretty much making my experience even less engrossing. It doesn't help that you try to tempt me at every corner much less how you seem to cut your prices each week on practically every thing I want. I don't need to feel like I'm being invaded every time I decide I will give into my wanting and buy something because there's no better place to buy Video Games or CD's in town.

I can only ask that you maybe stand up a bit for what little privacy we seem to be entitled to. I'm not letting wal-mart invade my life when I already feel the suits who run this country do enough to be an all seeing eye as it is.

Please, fight for the right of privacy and until next time,

Peace!

No comments: