Thursday, January 5, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

I'm not inside my own mind today... its before 7am. I do not enjoy this time of day, it's very vampire. That and I need coffee.

Happy New Year!

It's 2012, resolutions abound, I'm looking forward to leaving 2011 behind. It's just the way it is. I'm not exactly one to mull about in the past.

I don't have any specific thing to talk about so I'm just going to shoot from the hip here.

Lets start with SOPA: It's kind of a big deal .

Honestly, it was only a matter of time before the suits took an aggressive front against internet piracy. What did you honestly expect was going to happen? The record companies, film / tv producers, game developers, etc, etc, by people's sticky digital fingers. They need to push the bill through before the election, obviously. I wonder how hard the people are really going to try and fight this after the whole Occupy movement has lost a lot of steam?

We live in a world where there is the capability to do this. People can afford the monthly bill to get the internet but they cant afford the cost of a CD, DVD, Video Game, Computer Software, etc, etc, so many things can be pirated these days. It's not as bad (at least I don't think it is) as the Napster days when downloading music was this bizarre taboo. The allure of the cost (none) plus the anonymity of the internet is a cocktail of disaster. It was (and still is) only a matter of time before the powers that be put the clamps down on the internet.

I read a quote somewhere, it said - "The wild west days of the internet are coming to an end." I agree.

There have been arguments that SOPA will change nothing, maybe this is also true. SOPA is just the beginning though. Once those suits (aka, whoever's in charge. I don't think SOPA's as big a priority for Obama as some other things, at least I would hope it fucking isnt... depends who'se voices are wispering in his ears. Okay I sound like a weirdo hah!) take the time to put something together it will get passed and the internet will change.

WHEN that happens? I don't know. SOPA isn't it, but it's the start.

Okay onto something else, Happy New Year!

Yeah I already said that but with 2012 brings new things. The end of things to some of us crazy enough to believe it. The entire notion the world is going to end is ridiculous to me. Remember the doom preached on Y2K. People legitimately lost their shit, fearing what they would do when their precious technology was rendered useless at the stroke of midnight?! Give me a fucking break!

Oh yeah, it's the MAYANS... for fuck sakes!

Okay... so other than that. There's things to look forward to!

The Dark Knight Rises, Mass Effect 3. Okay I love Movies and Video Games but the fact remains that those are just the little things. I'm not going to rant and rave about life. Having a new job just makes everything better and Christmas was perfect so that is the best way to turn the corner into a new year. Maybe Diablo 3 will come out sometime in July that way I can put a few months into it before the world ends?

The sun is starting to come up. I need coffee... maybe breakfast. Until next time,

PEACE!

No comments: