Friday, May 30, 2008

Dirty Dancing Leads To Cancer

I don't think I'm inside my own mind today...

It's out... dirty dancing does lead to cancer. Okay that was a really bad joke, but I just heard today that Patrick Swayze has terminal pancreatic cancer. Like the guy or not, I stand by firmly that Road House is 100% a mans movie and is completely bad ass in every way. If you are a man, who gets adrenaline in your veins when you see violence on the screen then you need to watch Road House. It's a pretty simple 'Walking Tall' kind of movie where Patrick busts some heads for 90 or so minutes. It just came as a shock to me, maybe those tabloid magazines know what they're talking about once in a blue moon although I refuse to believe it.

It seems that no matter what, we are all going to get cancer or get something that can cause cancer and fail to live to our potential. At least that's what they are clearly trying to have come to fruition in our minds. I'm not going to give into this mass hysteria. If cancer takes me down then I hope it takes me down fast so I don't have time to worry about it. I could also go without colon, testicular, or cancer that affects any of my vital organs. Take and arm or a leg if you need to but please leave my torso out of this... Brain cancer, eh I'm 50/50 on that one but I'd really just prefer to avoid this whole cancer train all together.

Up until last weekend, it had been an astronomical amount of time since I had been sick. I had adopted some new standards of thought, sure of myself that I could never become ill in any way, that my immune system would be their to bail me out if that nasty influenza decided to come my way. One day it hits me like a ton of bricks, I feel 'effing nasty! Indigestion, gas, funny poop, nausea, motion sickness, I thought I had been attacked by some kind of biological weapon of some kind.

First instinct kicks in I thought, maybe I've got food poisoning. My diet isn't exactly a diet, unless you count fast food and kraft dinner any kind of diet. So I didn't exactly find it a stretch in my mind to think that maybe I've eaten something I shouldn't have, something improperly prepared or something that had outlived its shelf-life. However, despite my bodies best intentions I could not bring myself to induce any kind of vomit, even of my own volition. Any kind of disturbance to my center of gravity be it a sudden horizontal or vertical movement would produce a very sudden desire to sit down and allow blood flow to restore to my brain. Accompanied by all this was this perpetual feeling of illness that also felt as if I was hungry. Of course, my smoking habit did not help ease any of this (and I didn't exactly care to realize right away either) So I had a few shitty days.

Then I start thinking, well maybe I have a stomach ulcer? It's not entirely out of the field, all the pain was mostly around my stomach area, the motion sickness and the indigestion went away after a couple of days but I was still gassy and all the rest. Burping periodically on an empty stomach is a very peculiar feeling. Now I feel fine but I've still got a lingering suspicion that something is worse but until the doctor tells me that something is wrong with me I'm going to remain optimistic that maybe I just did get sick.

Until next time, treat your body right.

Peace!

No comments: