Saturday, February 27, 2010

How can any one with a brain watch this garbage?

I don't think I'm inside my own mind today... but what the fuck is wrong with CNN? I've been watching their coverage of the probable Tsunami that could hit in the wake of the Chilean earthquake and I'm mind boggled at the severe retardation of this news station.

Let me start by saying, I don't watch the news. I can't stand it, regardless of the station. Its depressing, and it focus on carnage, despair or generally bad news. It's like the criteria for the news is, someone has to be getting fucked in the ass (metaphorically, of course) to make the news. Car accident, a family dies? You just made the first story of the evening news. Guy robs a bank because he's desperate for cash and the cops shoot his ass dead? That's a front page headline on tomorrows newspaper. A father kills his wife and kids and then kills himself. You just got a news segment, AND some douchebag "expert" talking about psychological trauma's for at least fifteen minutes.

When the hell did the news become so anarchy oriented? When did we lose focus on what actual NEWS is supposed to be? Things that might be important like relevant world events. The news should be getting people interested in things that MATTER and are IMPORTANT, be it political or social or whatever. The news shouldn't be stroking the boner of those who are somehow engaged on or entertained by these kinds of events.

CNN has been covering this earthquake and tsunami ALL day. Which is warranted, it's pretty big news and I mean there's really not much else going on, that we could even know about because that all would be overshadowed by THE OLYMPICS! I'm not trying to shit on CNN for talking about this in general, just the fact of how they're doing it.

They've got this guy, I didn't catch his name so I will refer to him as Nameless Asshole. This asshole is talking to 'us' (the viewer) like we're a bunch of ass hats who not only never use the internet, but haven't even heard of a computer. CNN wouldn't even be using technology like U-Steam if it wasn't relevant to their news, and somewhat relevant to the people watching at home. They have other sources to gather this information so why go out of the way to use random internet technology when that other technology is probably superior to u-stream. Don't talk to me like I'm some kind of troglodyte who has stub hands and a lisp. (Apologies to any of you whom this description actually applies, I'm just picking an extreme example)

CNN is just waiting for the wave to hit, U-stream is just waiting for the wave to hit. They're waiting for carnage, for destruction? Why? It's simple. Carnage and destruction = ratings. Why go out and rent some shitty movie directed by Roland Emmerich when we can just tune in to CNN to see some chaos and wreckage instead. It's more convenient and it's always fucking on the air! Why the hell is there even a market for this shit?

I understand that, especially in this age of technology, people can get their news wherever the want. That definitely plays into the type of broadcasts that news networks decide to make. They're pandering to target demographics (Fox News is ESPECIALLY vile for this) to squander ratings when You or I may just chose to Google for our news or use any of a plethora of online news sources. Hell, with Twitter, it's a lot easier to get breaking news as its happening than ever before from the word of mouth from those who are actually experiencing it. Why watch this garbage when we can get the news we want from wherever we want it, when we want it!

I guess my point is if this kind of shit is on the air, then clearly there are people watching it. Why? I don't understand at all. Do people just turn off and decide "I'm going to watch CNN" the way I do when I decide to subject myself to an Adam Sandler film? I know lots of people watch the news and not all news stations are as flagrantly unwatchable as CNN is (at least in my opinion, some of you may enjoy CNN and I would have to ask you WHY?!) but really its all the same bullshit. I'm just going to have to end this here because even thinking about it makes me want to throw a new born baby like a football to a hungry starved dog previously owned by Michael Vick and why the fuck would anybody want to do that? Well that's what CNN drives me to feel... fucking ludicrous.

No comments: